Q: Oil still leaking after I changed oil filter

I have a 2004 1.6 Hyundai Getz, manual Transmission. I noticed the car was leaking oil from the oil filter region. The reason I'm saying that is because every now and then I'd look to see a drop hanging off of the oil filter. and the oil pan under that is filled with oil. I thought it would be the oil filter so I drained the oil, replaced the oil filter and and refilled the oil. After about 2 days it started doing the exact same thing, what else could it be? and is it something I can replace myself or do I have to go to a dealer to get fixed?

Unless there is an imperfection (e.g., serious pitting or irregularities) on the engine mounting base for the filter gasket, the leak is probably not at the filter. There are other adjacent potential leak spots such as the oil pan gasket, oil pressure sending unit and so forth. If the leak is significant at all, merely thoroughly cleaning the suspect area and running the engine while looking for the leak should be sufficient. If you still can’t find the leak origin, a UV visible dye can be added to the engine oil which will then make the leak point visible using a detection light. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an oil leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Oil still leaking after I changed oil filter