Q: Error code P0101 MAF sensor circuit range

asked by on October 20, 2016

My car will throw a P1010 code now and then. At first, I use to drive it off. Meaning it goes away after driving 100 miles or so. But a few days later it comes back. One thing I notice the most is it was very much relate to the AC it will show the code if I start the car with the AC dial on ON position. And another solid proof of that is that as I stopped at a red light immediately after getting off the freeway when the AC compressor kick in the engine will choke and give the error code again. I know my battery is due for a replacement but is that the problem ??Any idea ?? Thanks for your help.

Hi - do you mean the code is P0101 (rather than P1010)? The P0101 code is mass air flow sensor. In any case, given the behavior of your engine and the Check Engine scenario you describe, yes, a dirty Mass Air Flow sensor, or dirty Idle Air Control valve would behave as you describe. They should be cleaned and checked. A low battery should not cause the problem you describe. If you need assistance with this issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to perform one of the following services on your vehicle: