Q: Key won't turn in the ignition switch.

asked by on February 15, 2017

When i purchase the car they told me I needed a new key but I wanted to make sure I need a key instead of the ignition switch when I put the key in it makes the noise but it does not turn to crank it turned when I first bought the vehicle and the next day but now it won't turn so before I call a key replacement I just wanted to know if it was a key

Hi there. If the key can go into the ignition switch and turn then the key is the right one. If the switch is not turning all the way, then the switch is damaged and needs replaced with the key unless you can get the factory key switch for your car. If you need further assistance with your key not turning all the way, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.