Q: car temperature drops while driving and doesn't warm back up, then if I turn the car of it won't immediately restart.

While driving my car gets up to normal operating temperature and at some point the (radiator fan?) comes on and doesn't go off but then my car temp drops to cold and doesn't get warm again, especially in traffic. Once I turn my car off while really cold, it doesn't immediately restart. It sounds like it wants to start but the engine won't turn over. Just last week I had two ignition coils and my thermostat replaced. Not sure what the issue could be, if there is a sensor or something else that if replaced would resolve my issues

Hello, thank you for writing in. Due to the recent repairs that have been done, you need to have them verified. If the thermostat was installed improperly, or the system was damaged before or during, then you may have these and similar symptoms. The thermostat is typically to blame when the engine is running too cold. If the engine fans are running too much this would add to the systems defect. Not to mention it will prematurely wear out the fans and fan clutches. Your symptoms may also be related to the engine temperature sensor. This may also be the reason it is hard to restart. Further testing and inspection needs to be done. It may be wise to get a second opinion. For more diagnostic help, or for our inspection and opinion, contact our service department.

3. car temperature drops while driving and doesn't warm back up, then if I turn the car of it won't immediately restart.