Q: Oil pressure drops to 0 "stabilitrak" issue across message center traction control shuts off but oil sending unit was just replaced

The oil sending unit, alternator, battery and fuse block have all been recently replaced. Out of the blue, when I'm stopping or at a complete stop, oil pressure drops to 0, a message for the stabilitrak system appears. Along with the traction control shutting off on it's own. The engine will go into "limp mode" (REDUCING ENGINE POWER). It will not accelerate. After restarting the truck a few times, it will accelerate. The check engine light comes on too. The last time it did it, before yesterday, the check engine light disappeared. I had these issues yesterday, but the check engine light is still on. Please help! Thank you!

The first thing to do is to have the Check Engine Light scanned to see what code is stored. Once this is done, then the code should be diagnosed to see if it has anything to do with the previous work that has been done to the fuse box, or any of the other work or parts that have previously been done.

You may have a connection problem at one or more modules that would require them to be disconnected with the battery disconnected one at a time and the connections checked for corrosion and have a dielectric compound like Stabilant 22 added to each pin and reconnected. This may fix the problem if the code is not a failed part and is a random failure with no failed part identified during a pinpoint. Do not go replacing parts for no reason unless they are tested as bad. A code to a part may mean the connection at the module or harness for the part is corroded and needs cleaned and dielectric compound put on connections. If the acceleration problems persists and you want to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can visit your car’s location to do a complete diagnosis on the car to figure out what repairs are needed.

• Oil pressure drops to 0 "stabilitrak" issue across message center traction control shuts off but oil sending unit was just replaced