Q: What maintenance should I do to my 2005 Saturn Ion?

I just bought the car used for my winter car. The car runs great but I wanted to do proper maintenance on the car since it will be my daily transportation to work.

Recent work done on the car.. Car passed safety inspection! Engine oil flushed and replaced Transmission serviced and filter replaced Replaced air filter and cabin filter Replaced spark plugs

Should I replace fuel filter and flush the radiator fluid? The car runs great and no problem picking up speed. Engine temp is fine (not over heating) coolant colour and level ok.

Does this car have timing chain?

A: First off, yes your vehicle does have a tim...

First off, yes your vehicle does have a timing chain. It is good that all that maintenance has been performed recently and should carry you for many miles. However, if you cannot verify the age of the coolant and fuel filter, it may be a good idea to replace them both even if they "look" good. One item you failed to mention is the brake fluid. Brake fluid is hydroscopic - it absorbs moisture. When it does, it's boiling point is reduced which can lead to brake fade or loss, and reduce the life of components like anti-lock brake pump which can cost $2-$3000 to replace on some vehicles. Especially when it comes to vehicles equipped with anti-lock brakes, it is a good idea to have the brake fluid flushed every 2-3 years, regardless of mileage. Have a certified technician perform your maintenance needs like flushing the brake fluid for many miles of trouble-free driving.