Q: Car shut off during driving

The other day while I was driving, the car suddenly lost all power. I tried to give it gas but it was unresponsive and very soon it turned off completely. What could be wrong with my car?

Hello. It sounds like your 2002 Porsche Boxster lost all battery power. This occurs when the alternator fails and causes the battery to die. It is a common issue. The battery must first be checked and then replaced or recharged. Once it is fine, the alternator can be checked. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stalling issue and perform any needed repairs.