Q: RPM not increasing Yanmar 6LY2A -STP

This is Yanmar 6LY2A -STP engine and it should give 3000 rpm at its maximum throttle. But now it gives only 2700 rpm. What will be the problem

Hi there - there are a couple of possibilities here for the "won’t get to engine max revs" condition. This engine has a governor, set at 3,000, and a malfunction of the governor could be limiting RPM. It’s also possible that the engine is "load limited" - "too much propeller" in a marine environment for example, such that the engine cannot reach max revs. If you believe something has changed, and the engine would reach max revs previously, I would have a Yanmar technician diagnose this problem.

3. RPM not increasing Yanmar 6LY2A -STP