Alternator fault- battery not charging (2009 Audi A4 2.0T...

Q: Alternator fault- battery not charging (2009 Audi A4 2.0T)

asked by on November 19, 2017

Alternator fault- battery not charging

It’s possible the alternator itself is faulty, however, there is circuity and control devices that should be ruled out as well. Alternator output can be easily tested directly to rule the alternator in or out. Also, note that for the alternator to work properly, the drive belt has to have adequate tension. If you would like a diagnostic of the charging system, please request an alternator/battery inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will get this resolved for you promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.