Q: "No bus" code

asked by on May 20, 2016

My truck wouldn't start and the fuel pump wouldn't do anything so I changed it , went to start it. It cracked but would not start and the dash went dead and the mileage started flashing "no bus" I did not notice this before but I already had assumed it was the fuel pump. I checked some connections but don't really know where to start or what to look for. Can you walk me through diagnosing and finding the issue? Thanks

When the No Bus message appears in your instrument cluster, its usually an indication that there is a problem with the powertrain control module or the wiring to it. This is also very likely the cause of your no start concern. You will need to have the PCM tested as part of diagnosing the no start condition by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. If you want to try diagnosing the issue yourself, you could first try swapping the PCM with a known good unit with an identical part number from another vehicle and see if that helps.