Q: Car shakes and the check engine light is on

The dash in my car shows check engine light on and my car is shaking. I took it to the shop and scanned it. There was a misfiring of the cylinders 1, 4 and 6. I had all the sparkplugs replaced. The car now has new Iridium and Platinum sparkplugs. But, my engine light is still on and the car is shaking. What should I do?

Hello. If you have misfire codes on all of these cylinders, then the problem is much more in-depth. Most of the time when this occurs on one side of the engine, it is because the timing belt is worn out or there is a variable cam timing issue. On this engine it is usually because the timing belt needs to be replaced. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s shaking issue, diagnose your Check Engine Light, and make any repairs that are needed.

3. Car shakes and the check engine light is on