Q: I have a 2011 Honda Accord coupe battery keeps going dead, replaced battery alternator was tested by Honda...still having the same

I have a 2011 Honda Accord coupe battery keeps going dead, replaced battery alternator was tested by Honda...still having the same

If the battery is new (or has passed a load test) and charging system output has been measured and is within specifications, the only reason a battery will discharge is if the car sits for a long period of time (batteries will self-discharge even if not used) or if there are parasitic (excess) loads on any of the car’s electrical circuits. If there is excess current flow that is slowly draining the battery, a Mechanic would use an ammeter to test all of the various circuits until the faulty circuit is found. Then that circuit is traced to find the fault and repair it. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• I have a 2011 Honda Accord coupe battery keeps going dead, replaced battery alternator was tested by Honda...still having the same