Q: Car died, but restarts immediately

Two days ago, my car just died for the first time. All of the electrical systems also shut off - the lights, radio, etc. It did immediately start the next time and ran very well the past two days since that incident. However, today it did it again. When it starts back up, it performs just fine, but I have to reset the radio, clock, date, etc., as if the battery had been disconnected. In your professional experience, what is causing this and what should I do to fix it?

Many different faults can cause the vehicle to shut off while running like this. The most common problems for this is the ignition switch, battery cables, intermittent electrical issue, wiring fault, or the battery itself.

These kind of issues can seem strange because the car works properly one moment and the next issues are seen. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your stalling fault and perform any repairs required.