Q: I unplugged mass air flow sensor

asked by on June 23, 2017

I unplugged mass air flow sensor while car was on and it didn't turn off and then check engine light appeared how long will the light stay on?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

When you unplugged the part while the engine was running, the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) saw it as a component failure and lit up the check engine light. There will now be a code stored for the air mass meter. The check engine light may go off after about 50 drive cycles (a few weeks for most people) if the ECU doesn’t see any more problems, but the stored code will remain until it is cleared. You can have the codes cleared and the light put out by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to read and clear the ECU right there on the spot.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr