Q: Car won't go over 30mph - Check Engine light on and off, car shakes a bit 1997 Chrysler Cirrus

Car was driving fine, until it pulled back a bit engine light came on and it started shaking a bit. It will not go over 30mph.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there - first task to to extract the problem codes that are causing the Check Engine light to illuminate. This will guide diagnosis, and save time and money. Most auto parts stores will read codes for you for free. Some possible problems causing this behavior is a failed throttle position switch, or failed coils. I would recommend an engine performance inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car won't go over 30mph - Check Engine light on and off, car shakes a bit 1997 Chrysler Cirrus