Q: Squeaking noise from around the serpentine belt area.

asked by on October 26, 2016

When its started up, stop and go and when accelerating squeaking sound coming from around serpentine belt area. Sometimes after driven awhile it stops. Just started to happen when it started to get cold.

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.44 - $301.27 Get a Quote
Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.17 - $573.33 Get a Quote
Idler Pulley Replacement $93.97 - $322.34 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1396.98 Get a Quote
Power Steering Pump Pulley Replacement $97.72 - $524.73 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2009 Ford Flex to have a squeaking noise around the belt area. The most common faults are a failing serpentine belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley, alternator, or power steering pump pulley. In order to avoid any unnecessary repairs, have a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic diagnose your belt noise and make any repairs required.