Q: Squeaking noise from around the serpentine belt area.

When its started up, stop and go and when accelerating squeaking sound coming from around serpentine belt area. Sometimes after driven awhile it stops. Just started to happen when it started to get cold.

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2009 Ford Flex to have a squeaking noise around the belt area. The most common faults are a failing serpentine belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley, alternator, or power steering pump pulley. In order to avoid any unnecessary repairs, have a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic diagnose your belt noise and make any repairs required.

3. Squeaking noise from around the serpentine belt area.