I drive a Honda Civic 2006. Immediately I put it on drive...

I drive a Honda Civic 2006. Immediately I put it on drive or reverse, the engine shuts off especially when I switch on the ac. when it's fully warmed up for like 15mins, it works fine Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked...

I drive a Honda Civic 2006. Immediately I put it on drive or reverse, the engine shuts off especially when I switch on the ac. when it's fully warmed up for like 15mins, it works fine Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level? A mechanic technician diagnose it and recommend I change the brain box which I did n still no improvement... I don't even know what the Freon level is Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far? I gave it to a technician to fix. So far we have change the brain box, we changed the the four coils. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I notice sometimes when u put it on drive or reverse, the engine jerk.. my mechanic ran a test and ask me to change the Raising switch sensor ... I don't know if that could be the problem?

Automotive Expert
Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Who am I helping today? I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to get the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. - If you get the front wheels off the ground, shift to neutral. Then start the vehicle and shift to R od D without holding the brake. - Does the engine still stall? - If apply throttle and brake at the same time to keep the RPM around 1000, will that prevent the stall?
Automotive Expert
Since you were not able to reply to the info request I sent. I cannot be as accurate and thorough as I would like in my answer. I hope what I can provide does help. If the test I outlined results in a drastic RPM drop or a stall when the wheels are stopped by the brake pedal. Then the concern is with the [transmission](/topics-transmission-honda/) torque converter clutch trying to engage. Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Sorry for my late response... We have a national holiday here and will be unable to access my car till tomorrow.. I will be able to give you feedback by tomorrow.
Automotive Expert
Thanks

What I notice is when I start the car very early in the monring, the moment I shift to drive the engine stutters n turn off or when I put on the AC but after the engine works for a while it works fine and sometimes when you shift to drive or reverse the engine jerks or sometimes the gear delays before it picks
Automotive Expert
- If you get the front wheels off the ground, shift to neutral. Then start the vehicle and shift to R od D without holding the brake. - Does the engine still stall? - If apply throttle and brake at the same time to keep the RPM around 1000, will that prevent the stall?

the engine stalls
Automotive Expert
Did it stall in both tests?
Automotive Expert
Your concern would be the transmission. The torque converter clutch is trying to engage from low pressure, a faulty solenoid, or a concern with the converter clutch or the control valve.

Still not sure what you need?

Have a certified mobile mechanic diagnose what's wrong with your car, at your home or office.