Q: Car knocking after repair

I had repairs done to my car, but then I began to hear a short knocking noise that sounded like a rod knock? Then the noise seemed to be a little louder. A mechanic told me it sounded like a rod in the lower end knocking. Someone else told me it sounded like it was at the top end, like a lifter.

Often, when concerns follow recent repairs, the most recent repairs must be taken into question first. Knocking engine noise is never a good sign, but not always a death sentence either. If the knock gets louder or faster with engine speed, suspect an internal component. Have a trained mechanic, like the ones here at YourMechanic, help avoid potential damage and come to you for an up close and personal diagnosis for your engine’s knocking problem.

3. Car knocking after repair