Q: Car won't start - 2007 Pontiac G6

Car won't start

A: Hi there. You could have a bad battery, sta...

Hi there. You could have a bad battery, starter, or electrical problem. Perform a battery test with a digital battery tester that provides cold cranking amps and state of health. Check all fuses/relays and replace as necessary. If the dashboard lights are working and there is simply no response to trying to start, then perform a voltage drop test with a digital volt/ohm meter on the starter power cable to determine if it has excessive resistance.

However, the starter could be the cause if all else checks okay. I suggest having a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a no-start inspection if you need further help.