Q: Car won't accelerate after 10 miles

asked by on February 09, 2016

After driving about 10 miles, the Check Engine light comes on and the car doesn't let me accelerate. I was told the problem was the timing belt.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It is more likely that the cause of this problem is that the catalytic converter is clogged which would cause the car to not to accelerate once becoming warm. There could also be a problem with the transmission. Your Check Engine Light would need to be diagnosed in order to pinpoint the cause of your acceleration problem.