Q: Transmission won't move

We took my 2008 Suzuki xl7 to the shop because it wouldn't start and they needed to rebuild the engine. Now they said they put the engine back in and the car will go into gear, the only problem is is that it won't move when they put it into gear. We don't know what the problem is I tried looking on the internet couldn't find anything. Any solutions to what the problem may be??

Be sure the wiring harness is connected to the transmission, although in drive the manual valve (in the transmission valve body) should at least get you into 1st gear. Check the fluid level. If fluid is really low, the transmission won’t operate. Be sure the shift linkage is actually attached to the transmission and adjusted properly. To verify that visually check the manual shaft and be sure it moves when the gearshift is put in drive. Be sure the torque converter was bolted back to the flex plate. If the two are not connected, the transmission won’t work. Check for hydraulic pressure in drive. If pressure is zero, if the torque converter was removed, it is possible that the transmission oil pump is somehow disconnected or the oil pump drive shaft got sheared off. If there is no hydraulic pressure, the transmission will have to be removed and repaired. If you want these diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a transmission shift diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Transmission won't move