Q: Tapping noise when accelerating. 2010 Nissan Altima

My car gets tapping noise when accelerating from stop. Once it pick up speed it doesn't do that. And the noise also comes back when going up hill. I have checked oil level. It is good. Please let me know what could be the problem. I can upload a clip of sound as well. Thanks.

Hi there - engine tapping noises under load are usually connecting rod bearing problems, although it is possible that it’s just a weak valve lifter. Hard to say without hearing it. If you have a sound byte to pass to us, that would help a lot. Otherwise, I recommend an engine noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.