Q: Power steering intermittently goes out

asked by on March 10, 2017

It intermittently loses power steering. Had a mechanic look at it and they replaced pump. That seemed to fix the problem. Then it started happening again

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. You need to start by considering the symptoms. If they are exactly the same, the issue may have been a faulty replacement part. It is not terribly uncommon, but is even more frequent in manufactured parts. These also typically come with a warranty, and you should also look into that as well. If the issue does not pertain to the pump, there may be another type of leak in the system from a line or from the gear box. While there is also linkage present in the system that effects it, it would not be an intermediate type of issue. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr