2005 cadillac cts-v and is a flooded car and wont start b...

Q: 2005 cadillac cts-v and is a flooded car and wont start but does turn, i want to know how i can save the engine is a ls6 5.7

asked by on June 04, 2017

I bought a 2005 Cadillac cts-v and is a flooded car , the car wont start and the engine looks like it has water in it , the engine will turn but gets hard like if there was rust in it. The engine is a ls6 5.7 v8 and want to save it because these engines are rare and very expensive. I want to know what do i have to do to save the engine , do i have to tear it apart and clean it? .

Hi there. Usually when an engine is flooded with water, the only way to rebuild it correctly is to pull out of the vehicle, completely disassemble, fully clean (including sandblasting any excessive rust off cylinder heads, blocks and intake) and rebuilding from scratch.