Q: Active Body Control problem

Something is wrong with the ABC (active body control) system in my car. It has dropped all the way to the tires, and it started pumping all the way up and then dropping just before it started leaking profusely from the under carriage. I cannot move the car due to the tires rubbing, but everything else works fine on the car.

A: Hi. It sounds like there was a small leak i...

Hi. It sounds like there was a small leak in the system that has turned into a bigger one, and now the system can’t hold any pressure at all. Typically, there will be puddles of hydraulic fluid leaking from the pump or the lines underneath the car. You should not drive the vehicle until this is repaired as you can cause serious damage to the undercarriage without the suspension working properly. If the pump runs while low on fluid, significant damage to the pump can occur as well, which would require more work to be done on your vehicle. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to help you find the source of the leak and diagnose the issue further.