Q: Broken axle

While driving, it sounded like metal was dragging so I stopped. I think it's the axle, on the right front of my car. I was only a block from my house, so I drove slowly to get home until I could have it towed. Do you think I made the problem worse by driving with it that way, and does that sound like the location of an axle?

A: It is not the axle since the axle on the ca...

It is not the axle since the axle on the car is in the rear of the car. You may have heard the brakes or a bearing in the front of the car. Depending on the problem you have, you may not have done additional damage. You should not drive it any further. If you need help with this, have a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car's noise issue and make the necessary repairs for you. The repairs can be done on sight and you would not have to get the vehicle towed.