Q: I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6 6 Speed Transmission it currently has 120,000 miles the transmission fluid has never bee

asked by on November 24, 2017

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6 6 Speed Transmission it currently has 120,000 miles the transmission fluid has never been changed, should I change it now or leave it alone because it will cause immediate failure after?

Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $165.78 Get a Quote
Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote
Rotate Tires Get a Quote

As with any car, the life expectancy depends largely on how you maintain the car, the driving conditions it is subjected to, the driving habits of the owner and many other factors. Proper maintenance schedules are a key factor to prolonging the longevity of the vehicle and avoiding unnecessary costly repair bills due to neglecting proper maintenance intervals. Things like oil changes, transmission fluid services, and tire rotations are all basic maintenance items that will drastically prolong the life of the vehicle and prevent premature wearing on parts. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car and come up with a routine maintenance schedule for your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr