Q: Grinding sound when I reverse and turn the wheel to the right

Car makes a grinding sound when I reverse to the right when fully turning the wheel. What cause this & can I get an estimate?

Hey there, this may be caused by a worn out or failing CV joint or potentially a brake pad with a rock or some kind of debris stuck in it. As you may know, a CV joint allows the wheels to receive power as well as turn. When these are worn out or damaged, you may hear this kind of grinding noise or potentially a clicking noise as well. To have this checked, I recommend having a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect your car, pinpoint the cause of the grinding sound, and proceed with a CV joint replacement as necessary. If you would like to get an estimate for this, enter your vehicle information and the appropriate service on our website to get a free quote.

3. Grinding sound when I reverse and turn the wheel to the right