Q: Rebuilt transmission has oil and reverse but not forward 42re 2004 Dodge Dakota

Rebuilt transmission Has oil and has reverse but it won't go forward

Hi - this sounds like either the low gear clutch (hydraulic) or the forward drive sprag (mechanical one-way clutch) has malfunctioned. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Rebuilt transmission has oil and reverse but not forward 42re 2004 Dodge Dakota