Q: Wipers on touching horn

asked by on September 15, 2016

I'm having a large electrical problem with my Samurai. All of the plugs look OK around the dash, engine bay and under the car according to the diagram. But the wipers come on when I touch the horn, when I touch the t-case and when I shift into 5th gear. The windshield water pump doesn't work nor does the dome light. I found a resistor coupler according to the diagram. It’s under the dash with a grey white and grey black tracer. I don't know where to plug this in. Do you know? I need help. Thanks.

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1994 Suzuki Samurai. If these accessories share a common ground, some corrosion may be connecting circuits that should not touch. You will want to hire the services of a technician experienced in vehicle electrical systems to find the bug which could be from corrosion or a failed switch. Have a mobile technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the electrical issue and get your wipers working back to normal.