Q: Stop car check oil warning

2.0Ltr tfsi. Oil level sensor started requesting ADD ONE LTR MAX OIL. Oil checked by garage with dip stick and level was fine. Issue kept reoccurring until STOP ENGINE CHECK OIL RED WARNING started appearing. Oil level checked again with dip stick and fine. Warning seemed to reoccur when idling engine or at low revs. I have always used correct oil when topping up level and for oil changes. The car does use small amounts of oil as these cars tend to do. I am aware of issue with engine oil usage. I have checked the oil sensor connector and seems fine.

This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.