Q: Cars stalls when the AC is turned on.

I was told I need the AC compressor replaced because my car stalls when the AC is turned on.It also stalls when I turn on the defroster.

A seized AC compressor can stall your engine when you turn on the air or defroster because it sends a signal to engage the clutch on the compressor, which causes more resistance than normal. But there are switches that level out your idle electronically when there is increased load. Have a certified mechanic like one from YourMechanic test and verify that your idle control system is working correctly and that the AC compressor is the only problem.

3. Cars stalls when the AC is turned on.