Q: Cars stalls when the AC is turned on.

I was told I need the AC compressor replaced because my car stalls when the AC is turned on.It also stalls when I turn on the defroster.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2949.86 Get a Quote

A seized AC compressor can stall your engine when you turn on the air or defroster because it sends a signal to engage the clutch on the compressor, which causes more resistance than normal. But there are switches that level out your idle electronically when there is increased load. Have a certified mechanic like one from YourMechanic test and verify that your idle control system is working correctly and that the AC compressor is the only problem.