Q: Starts and dies

Changed battery in van as soon as it starts it smothers out tryed feul pump an relays not the problem any ideas?

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote
Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1182.22 Get a Quote

It sounds like what you are describing is something related to a fuel supply issue, which may be related to low fuel pressure, faulty or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty or dirty idle air control valve (this relays information about air intake to the computer which makes fuel adjustments), or potentially a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. Fuel delivery problems will typically not allow the proper amount of fuel to be delivered to the cylinders which results in a lean fuel condition which can cause backfiring or simply cause the motor not to start as a result of fuel starvation. In some cases too much fuel may be supplied to the motor causing too much fuel to be introduced to the motor faster than what it can burn it. This results in the motor being flooded with too much fuel also causing it not to run properly. Any of the above possibilities can create an imbalance in the proper air/fuel ratio as well which will cause the motor to run very rough or not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.