Q: CTV pros and cons

What are the pros and cons of CVT? Compared to manual on a bad transmission, a lot of modern cars are adding it to most mixed models.

A: For you who don't know, those are the c...

For you who don't know, those are the cars that don't have transmission gears. They never shift. They just continuously have a range to drive a car. The reason they are doing that is because they get a better gas mileage and are cheaper to manufacture. So, that's probably the future of most cars.

Personally, I am not a fan. I like a standard transmission with direct drive, you can feel that you can control the power better. But that's the way of the future CVTs--all hybrid cars have to be CVT because these eclectic motors and gasoline motors and the only thing that can connect two of these, is a CVT transmission. So, Hondas and Toyota hybrid cars all have a CVT transmission.