Q: CTV pros and cons

What are the pros and cons of CVT? Compared to manual on a bad transmission, a lot of modern cars are adding it to most mixed models.

For you who don’t know, those are the cars that don’t have transmission gears. They never shift. They just continuously have a range to drive a car. The reason they are doing that is because they get a better gas mileage and are cheaper to manufacture. So, that’s probably the future of most cars.

Personally, I am not a fan. I like a standard transmission with direct drive, you can feel that you can control the power better. But that’s the way of the future CVTs--all hybrid cars have to be CVT because these eclectic motors and gasoline motors and the only thing that can connect two of these, is a CVT transmission. So, Hondas and Toyota hybrid cars all have a CVT transmission.

3. CTV pros and cons