Q: What can I buy to check for leaks in the hoses

My ac went out so I purchased a sealant used that first then put the right amount of refrigerant. The problem was solved temporarily, lasted about 4 mo. then went out again, I suspect the hose has a big leak somewhere, how can I check for sure and how can I get it replaced

Hello, thank you for writing in. The quickest and easiest way to locate a leak in the system is to use a dye. It is added to the refrigerant and cycled through for a few minutes running the AC on high. You then use a UV light and trace over the system until you see where the dye is coming out. They can be purchased and used at home if you feel comfortable with that, or you can have it done at most shops. There are also electronic devices that can detect the presents of the R143a used in more recent vehicles for refrigerant. These may not find small leaks unless the system is given time to build up a collection of the fumes in the area of the leak. Take corrective action after the leak has been found. For more help contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. What can I buy to check for leaks in the hoses