Q: Temperature gauge is only reading about half way to 210.

I was driving the truck last yrs no problems really after I got it out of storage the temp gauge in the truck doesn't come to normal temp.. an for some reason it ain't shifting probably.. seams like the small shift after 45 don't engage

A: It sounds like the coolant thermostat is st...

It sounds like the coolant thermostat is stuck open and allowing the coolant to flow freely through the system. This will keep the engine temperature well below operating temperatures. As for the transmission, I would check the fluid level and condition and make sure both are good. If so, you may have internal transmission failure.

I would have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose why your car is hard to shift and help you replace your thermostat if needed.