Q: ABS, ESP, EBR malfunction

Fault codes from my Snap-on Diagnostic tool: -7208 check codings in control module Engine control module -5944 Control unit N30/4 (Electronic Stability Program control unit), internal fault -5945 Control unit N30/4 (Electronic Stability control unit) internal fault -5001 Control unit N30/4 (Electronic Stability Program control unit) internal fault

I'm pretty sure i need to replace the ABS/ESP control module. But, what would be needed to code the new part to my vehicle? Star diagnostic device?

You’re getting into an area that is kind of a dark art when you’re getting these kinds of codes. While I don’t know any of the symptoms that the car is exhibiting, I can tell you that failure in one of the control units can lead to codes showing up in the others and the ABS, ESP is a likely culprit since it interprets the wheel speed signals and sends the information to the other modules. You’re right that the module has to be coded, and I don’t think that Snap On has the software for that so the only place to go is the Star Diagnostic. (The consumer version of the Mercedes SDS ) You can Contact YourMechanic and see if anyone in your area has the appropriate equipment for this. Otherwise, this may be a case that would best be consigned to the Mercedes Dealer.

3. ABS, ESP, EBR malfunction