Q: I have a 2008 scion xb, the heater started to blow cool air, the vsc light came on, and the car ran hot. It can drive. What could

I have a 2008 scion xb, the heater started to blow cool air, the vsc light came on, and the car ran hot. It can drive. What could be the problem?

Hi there. Check the coolant and see if it’s low. If the coolant is low, then top off the coolant and check around to locate a coolant leak. If there is no leaks, then the coolant may have blown out when the engine warms up. Then either the thermostat or the reservoir cap is damaged. For the VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) light being on, then the vehicle’s traction control is not working properly. Check the wheel speed sensors and see if they are plugged in and the harness is connected. The wheel speed sensors could have debris on the magnet causing them to have a false reading making the traction control become active. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating and the traction control light on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.