Q: I was driving my 2013 Nissan Altima 5 miles or less. When I threw it in Park I heard a noise.

asked by on November 14, 2016

I was driving my 2013 Nissan Altima 5miles or less threw it in park heard a noise so hurried stopped completely turned the car off then on. It drove fine for about a week now I can't move it out of park I have to push in the shift lock button to move it out of gear. I've read about it some say break lights but all lights work, no noises.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - most likely the neutral safety switch, or its circuit, are malfunctioning. If your dome light also no longer works, there will be a blown fuse that also keeps your neutral safety switch from working. I would recommend having an inspection done on why your car doesn’t shift out of Park completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.