Q: 2015 Kia Forte Koup - Digital speedometer readout and voice recognition problems

I was just driving my new Forte Koup and can't find a digital speedometer in it anywhere. I was just looking at the fuel economy trip screen but don't see it. There is a spot where it has a digital screen for fuel economy, trip counter, and more and it even includes a digital average mph. But it doesn’t have instant mph. Also, the voice recognition for calling was awful. It was so bad it couldn't even handle 1 syllable words. I even tried different ways of pronouncing the words with different volumes. But the program had too much difficulty recognizing what I said. Do you know where the digital speedometer is? And do you know a better voice recognition program I can get for my car?

A: Hello there, the 2015 Kia Forte is only equ...

Hello there, the 2015 Kia Forte is only equipped with the analog style speedometer and it is not possible to get both the analog signal and a digital readout. As for the voice recognition software, the inability for the system to recognize many names is a common problem across the board with the Kia UVO program. Since this program is built into the car, there is no way to load another. But since it is such a well known problem, there may be a chance that Kia will update the software to make the system more accurate in the future.