Q: Car stalls when starting

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car stalls when starting. I have replaced the crankshaft sensor twice and the code still keeps coming up.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, I am assuming that you have a reoccurring code for a crankshaft sensor. The connector for the sensor should be checked for corrosion and pin tightness. The wiring should be checked between the crankshaft sensor connector and the engine PCM. The wiring should be be checked for shorts to ground and other wires in the harness. If the fault shows up on startup every time this will increase the chances of finding the cause. I would have a mechanic conduct electrical testing for your vehicle.. They will be able to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and let you know exactly what you need repaired.