Q: Just replaced the fuel pump with a prime choice off of Amazon and put in brand new fuel lines. I can smell the gas but I don't hear the fuel.

just replaced the fuel pump with a prime choice off amazon and just put brand new fuel lines in can smell gas but don't hear fuel and the prime choice came with a new fuel pump wiring diagram but lost it also i may have the plastic gas lines backwards?

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, you may be dealing with a combination of problems concerning the fuel pump replacement in your vehicle.

First being, it could be the replacement fuel pump, is incorrect by application.

Second being, it’s common to receive a replacement pigtail with the replacement fuel pump in GM vehicles. It is very important to install the pigtail correctly. Losing the diagram was not good. This may be the cause for an inoperative fuel pump. The fuel lines should of been different diameters, making installing them backwards not possible.

Third being, something else could be the cause for your inoperative fuel pump.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I recommend having your vehicle’s inoperative fuel pump diagnosed and repaired by one of our mobile technicians. Best of luck.