Q: Car is stuttering while accelerating

My car is hesitating/jerking while going down the road. Seems to have a slight skip while idling as well. Help.

Hesitation can be caused by a number of components even if the check engine light is not on. A bad mass airflow sensor, coolant sensor, throttle position sensor, ignition coil or module, or even a fuel delivery issue. If an injector is clogged, dirty, worn,etc. Also a fuel pressure issue due to a failing fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator can all be causes of a hesitation. Having a certified YourMechanic technician diagnose the cause of your vehicle’s hesitation would be the best place to start.

3. Car is stuttering while accelerating