Q: Car feels like it's spinning tires when I accelerate from a stop

My car feels like the tires are slipping when I start out from a stop but it's been doing it more often so it can't be that(plus I've changed tires and they should be fine). I tried to pay closer attention to the shifting today and it seems like after the "stutter or skip" it shifts ok into 2nd and so on. Really has me baffled because it feels more like spinning tires than slipping or hesitant tranny or even misfiring engine. any thoughts??

A: This is caused by the 1 to 2 clutch sealing...

This is caused by the 1 to 2 clutch sealing rings inside the transmission. The transmission should be checked to verify - but this is the most common problem. The transmission will need to be removed and overhauled to be repaired. If you want to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your slipping issue and let you know what repairs are needed.