Q: Where is the power lock relay on a 2007 Mazda 5 for the front doors

asked by on April 19, 2017

Both front power locks are not functioning on the vehicle. Have to manually flip lock. Rear doors are fine.

My car has an automatic transmission. Also the remote does work with back doors and alarm.

Hello. The front and the rear locks all use the same relay located in the body control module. If only the front locks do not work then you either have a failure in the module or a circuit issue. The circuit would need to be fully tested to diagnose this. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why your locks do not work] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/power-door-locks-are-not-working-inspection