Q: Rough transition to overdrive at 55 to 60 mph.

At approx. 55-60 mph when, I believe, the transmission shifts to overdrive and rpm's drop to 1500, there is a slight tug or rough transition.

Hi there. There could be a problem with the torque converter clutch staying on while the transmission is shifting into overdrive. This will cause the gear to grab hard and make a sudden jerk. Try manually shifting the transmission and before you put it into overdrive let off the throttle and then see if the jerking is still present. If the jerking is gone, then the converter clutch solenoid is not working and would need replaced. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting properly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Rough transition to overdrive at 55 to 60 mph.