Q: My car won't accelerate although I replaced the throttle body and the accelerator pedal.

A couple of weeks back I got in my car and turned it on as usual, but after a second it turned of. I tried starting the car again and it wouldn't last on. So I began stepping on the gas while I turned the key and I got it to maintain power, but when I put it in drive, the car would not accelerate. I have now replaced the throttle body and the accelerator pedal and even attempted the relearn procedures but they don't seem to work. First the throttle valve closed position does not click how it's supposed to and then when doing the idle volume procedure, the Engine check light won't blink therefore not allowing the car to learn the procedure. I do no know what else to do, I already tried disconnecting both parts and connecting them again then doing the reprogram but still no success.

Hi there. Check the Idle Air Control valve (IAC) and see if it’s sticking or not working. The IAC valve controls the engine’s idle and keeps the engine at an optimal operating speed when the throttle is pushed or not. Usually the engine will race up and down when the valve is not working, but sometimes the engine will loose power and stall out. If you need further assistance with your engine idle not working properly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car won't accelerate although I replaced the throttle body and the accelerator pedal.