Q: My car doesn't accelerate, overheats, makes a loud noise, and the brakes don't work.

What does it mean when your car doesn't allow you to excellerate and you hear a loud noise followed by overheating and brakes goin out.also the car won't click over after it turned off

Hello. It sounds like the engine may have major mechanical problems at this point. I do not have any information on the model of the vehicle or the type of noise, so a little more work will need to be done before I can offer an exact diagnosis. The noise can be from a worn water pump causing the overheating because the coolant isn’t flowing properly. If the engine was overheating and you drove it until the engine shut off, there may be a great deal of damage done to the engine.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is overheating and suggest the necessary repairs.

• My car doesn't accelerate, overheats, makes a loud noise, and the brakes don't work.