Q: Trouble starting car

My Subaru Legacy shut off while driving today. It then restarted when I turned the key. Later in the day, I tried to start the car and had some difficulty.

Engine stalls are often caused by a malfunctioning sensor if not lack of fueling or ignition system maintenance. A trained technician will take them all into consideration. Worn spark plugs may cause a stall on their last leg and prove difficulty on the next start. If the vehicle fuel pump fails or a position sensor goes out, the symptoms are similar. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as our certified mechanics can come to you to diagnose the stalling issue and make any necessary repairs.