Q: Oil drained out and engine seized

asked by on February 14, 2016

I had the oil changed on my daughter's car, but the shop did not tighten the drain plug. Now, all of the oil has drained out, and I am afraid the engine has seized.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the engine will not turn over with the starter, there is a good chance that the engine has seized up due to lack of oil. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to inspect your engine thoroughly, and replace it, if needed; be sure to mention whether or not the engine stopped running suddenly.